PDA

View Full Version : Diet questions

Oldfolks
09-29-2023, 12:37 AM
Needing some help trying to get food started and not having alot of luck . I have purchased henerys blocks did the healthy ones fist and she didn't even want to try them so I ordered the picky eater she at least takes a few bites of that one . Have offered carrots zucchini lettuce green beans cucumbers again not really eating them ..I know she likes apple and blueberries and strawberries but I'm trying not to offer thoses cause I want her to eat the blocks and veggies ..I don't know how to get her eating good or using her water bottle any advice would be welcome thank you

Age ..got her on 7-30 after a storm and she weights 16.2 oz so I have had her almost 9 weeks

Mel1959
09-29-2023, 07:02 AM
Provide the blocks and nothing else. She won’t starve herself. A mistake that many folks make is they offer too many choices too early. Fruits and nuts will almost always be preferred over leafy greens or other veggies.

The lettuces that I found to be well liked are kale, chicory, escarole and radicchio. You might try those after you’ve got her eating the block. Picky eater blocks and hazelnut blocks are liked more than the healthy ones in my opinion. Try giving just a half a block at a time till she’s eating it. That way there’s less waste as it can’t remain in the cage indefinitely as it will mold. It also gets hard and isn’t very yummy at that point.