PDA

View Full Version : small amount of milky white substance coming out with the pee stream

Caesha
09-22-2023, 06:03 PM
Hello Everybody! I am on my second pinky grey squirrel raise and release. Monday is just over 5 weeks old. When we got her from a friend (they named her!), she was covered in at least 30 fire ant bites, which we treated externally with neosporin cream and baking soda. Then she got ringworm all over, which we treated externally with miconazole.

She doesn't have much hair yet due to the ringworm, but she weighs 72g, her eyes are open, she is very active and vocal (and opinionated), and she eats, pees, and poos like a champ.

Except yesterday I noticed that sometimes when she pees, a little bit of thick milky white something or other comes out along with the normal pee. Also her pee may smell more than it ought to. UTI? Calcium? I hate to give her antibiotics when we've been treating a fungal infection but I can if needed. I have chronic lyme so yeah, I have a veritable pharmacy in the house.

Some options:
cefadroxil 500mg capsules
amoxicillin 500mg capsules, tinidazole 500mg tablets, augmentin 875/125 tablets (all several years past expiration dates)
cranberry powder capsules each concentrated to equal 15000mg cranberries and 100mg vitamin C
oh and I also have nystatin 500000 tablets if that is needed

Please advise.

LaShae1995
01-05-2024, 11:24 PM
Bumping thread.

island rehabber
01-06-2024, 02:31 AM
If you're not giving her extra calcium I don't think that would be the cause of the milky urine. She may have a UTI, in which case she would need antibiotics. I am thinking the amoxicillin would be the best of what you listed, but you will need dosing info and that is sadly not my forte'. Hopefully another member will help with that in the morning. Do you have Cipro in that pharmacy of yours? Also helpful for UTI.

Mel1959
01-06-2024, 04:41 AM
If you find you have cipro or another antibiotic please list it and the strength. In the meantime I will send you the dosing for the amoxicillin in a private message. To lessen the effects of the antibiotic on Monday’s intestines you can give some powdered probiotic an hour before or two hours after giving the antibiotic. Any probiotic for humans that comes in a capsule will work. Separate the capsule and give the amount that will fit in this 0. My favorite to use is Benebac which is in gel form and they seem to like the taste. Pet stores and feed stores carry it. It comes in a tube.

Edit: Amoxicillin dosing sent.

CritterMom
01-06-2024, 05:52 AM
May I make a suggestion? Use the Augmentin (Amoxicillin clavulanate) instead of the plain amoxicillin? Covers more things, so more effective. We can dose this if you want to try it.

Shellysfriend
01-07-2024, 01:34 AM
I see the original post was back in September….