PDA

View Full Version : Formula Question

LilPaige
09-26-2007, 02:36 PM
My little boy will be 8 weeks tommorow and I am feedng him formula 4 times a day at the moment. There are alot of different websites out there that say 4 times a day, some say 3 times a day, and others say 2 times a day at 8 weeks. I wanted to get some other opinions and figure out where we should be with his schedule. Thanks:)

Mars
09-26-2007, 02:41 PM
It depends a lot on the squirrel. at about this age, if they are starting to actually eat solids and are not just shredding them I increase the ammount I am feeding from 5% to 7% of their weight in grams and drop the number of feedings to 3. :)

Brandy
09-28-2007, 10:59 AM
I have 3, 6-8weeks old squirrels. I was told to put whipping cream in with the formula but i'm not sure how much whipping cream to put in. Does anyone know.

pamela lee
09-28-2007, 11:09 AM
If they are gaining weight and healthy you shouldn't need to add anything. They should be fine. Never add whipping cream (has stuff added to make it a little sweet) if you have to add something it's heavy cream. How are your babies doing? Got any pics:poke ,we love pics. How did you get your babies?
By the way :Welcome
Pamela