PDA

View Full Version : My hoard of seven

semensinger
05-25-2023, 06:35 AM
Hello all,
I live in central PA. First weekend of April this year a dead tree fell in my yard during a wind storm. The tree houses more then one squirrel nest, long story short I have been raising seven baby squirrels for the last 8 weeks. They have done great for me! I read some of the post on the forum and I am grateful I have not encountered any of those issues. I am hoping to release them in a few more weeks, something I will ask guidance with from this group.

CritterMom
05-25-2023, 03:55 PM
Are you saying that your FIRST experience raising baby squirrels involved SEVEN OF THEM??! Talk about being thrown into the deep end of the pool! How old were they when you got them? They look great, by the way.

semensinger
05-25-2023, 05:10 PM
Yes ma'am. Seven and I have never done this before. Ignorance is bliss!
I maybe cheating a little bit as I am an experience neonatal nurse. I approached this as if I were dealing with a micro-preemie
As for their age... based on what I read, I believe they were 3-4 weeks old. I have pictures on my profile. You can let me know what you think. :)

CritterMom
05-25-2023, 05:38 PM
Ah. Cheating a little? A neonatal nurse? Those babies landed in exactly the right place!

You DO have them eating a good rodent block I hope.

semensinger
05-27-2023, 09:53 AM
Your question leads into my list of questions and need for advise from the group. Remember I'm a nurse I need details ;)
I will start that thread in the appropriate forum category.
Please look for my thread. I appreciate any direction I can get.

Thanks in advance!

semensinger
05-27-2023, 10:53 AM
Please see my new thread under "Help Needed- Baby squirrel question"

Thank You!!