PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here: problems with diarrhea and 6 wk old

Tango
04-30-2023, 01:15 PM
My name is Trish, I have an approximately 6 wk old grey that I am transitioning to FV 20/50 from Esbilac due to issues with diarrhea. I've tried posting several times, every time the website kicks me out and I lose my post. Suggestions?

Charley Chuckles
04-30-2023, 01:41 PM
:Welcome
When I switch over from Esbilac to FV for a couple feedings I add a little FV to the Esbilac and keep increasing the FV until I use only FV.
Hopefully that should stop the diarrhea.

Mel1959
04-30-2023, 02:43 PM
Yes, the transitioning process goes like this….mix both formulas independently according to their directions. Keeping them separate draw up in your feeding syringe 75% Esbilac and 25% FV. Feed this combination for a few feedings. Then do the same with 50/50% Esbilac and FV for a few feedings and then 25% Esbilac and 75% FV for a few feedings. Finally you will be at 100% FV.

Remember to hydrate with some water between feedings to replace the fluids lost through the diarrhea.

Lighten-Up
05-03-2023, 09:26 AM
My name is Trish, I have an approximately 6 wk old grey that I am transitioning to FV 20/50 from Esbilac due to issues with diarrhea. I've tried posting several times, every time the website kicks me out and I lose my post. Suggestions?

Are you actually asking about your issue of getting kicked off the website when posting? I just had that happen. I make sure I save my posts before sending so all that work doesn't get deleted. I can't help you with the getting kicked off issue, but I will notify an admin for you on this.

I understand that if you keep getting kicked off, you might not be able to respond back to this.

Bravo
05-03-2023, 09:36 AM

Hi Trish, if you are still having issues with posting, please send your IP address to me at https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/sendmessage.php . If that's unfamiliar, just google "what's my IP?" and the number returning should look something like 000.123.456.789.

Tango
05-03-2023, 01:08 PM
Thanks! I think the problem was I wrote a book and the program kept kicking me out. When I shortened the post, it worked fine.

island rehabber
05-03-2023, 02:30 PM
Thanks! I think the problem was I wrote a book and the program kept kicking me out. When I shortened the post, it worked fine.

Lighten-Up, i can see why this would also happen to you...:poke :grin2

Let's say it's a built-in feature for those who are long posters....just like on the Oscars when they cut your acceptance speech short :rofl4:grouphug

Lighten-Up
05-03-2023, 04:55 PM
Lighten-Up, i can see why this would also happen to you...:poke :grin2

Let's say it's a built-in feature for those who are long posters....just like on the Oscars when they cut your acceptance speech short :rofl4:grouphug

:Love_Icon. :Love_Icon. :Love_Icon. :laugh2. :poke. :Love_Icon