PDA

View Full Version : New Member

FranklinSaynay
04-19-2023, 12:35 AM
Hi, I've been a lurker for a couple of weeks and decided to join in. I am a licensed wildlife rehabilitator and currently have NR for squirrel with paralyzed hind legs. His name is Franklin and he is about 4 months old. He fell from a tree when he started to explore his tree.

I read claws trimming are not recommended, but as a paralyzed squirrel, he like to perch on my shoulder and my shoulder is raw from his grip. Any idea what else to do? I start to care for him about a 3 weeks ago when someone found her on the ground and unable to move.

Best,
P

TubeDriver
04-19-2023, 12:25 PM
Disabled NRs often need trimming since they can't wear down their claws naturally, especially if they are starting to snag on carpet or fleece, Just don't clip too much nail and cause injury, err on the side of leaving them slightly too long rather than too short.

Hi, I've been a lurker for a couple of weeks and decided to join in. I am a licensed wildlife rehabilitator and currently have NR for squirrel with paralyzed hind legs. His name is Franklin and he is about 4 months old. He fell from a tree when he started to explore his tree.

I read claws trimming are not recommended, but as a paralyzed squirrel, he like to perch on my shoulder and my shoulder is raw from his grip. Any idea what else to do? I start to care for him about a 3 weeks ago when someone found her on the ground and unable to move.

Best,
P