PDA

View Full Version : New member needing a little help plz.

Clairelisamarie
03-29-2023, 11:32 AM
Hi I'm claire from the UK.
I currently have a baby girl grey squirrel that I believe is around the 4 weekish mark in age with eyes closed.
She's actually doing very well and feeding and toileting great. No problems Health wise other than she needed some rehydration fluids.
But I came for a little help.
The last few days I've noticed that she will try and scratch on her head.. sort of around the ears. Like she's gripping either side to scratch. But only now and then. And she has got a small spot behind the right ear that looks like it's thinning the hair. Could this be mites or fleas? I have seen one flea on her that I removed and I've checked her over and found no others. The tiny balding place is not red but I would like to know what if anything I could do to treat this. I am in the UK so would need something I can get easy and how much treatment or what treatment would be needed.
Any help is appreciated.324609

Spanky
03-30-2023, 11:23 AM
You can use one drop of selamectin (Revolution, Selarid and many other brand names) to treat for mites, fleas and other critters.

But honestly this does not seem like mites to me... seems pretty much normal. Maybe a dry patch of skin or where some formula got splashed around and dried maybe?

Charley Chuckles
03-30-2023, 11:53 AM
:Welcome

I use this but very sparingly and I've never dosed a baby.
I agree with Spanky looks normal.
I order mine here, I believe they ship to the UK
https://www.joespetmeds.com/

Clairelisamarie
04-01-2023, 07:49 PM
You can use one drop of selamectin (Revolution, Selarid and many other brand names) to treat for mites, fleas and other critters.

But honestly this does not seem like mites to me... seems pretty much normal. Maybe a dry patch of skin or where some formula got splashed around and dried maybe?

Ok thank you both very much for answering. I will keep an eye but if you believe it's normal then I'm happy.
I still might purchase the treatment to have on hand.