PDA

View Full Version : 1 week without esbilac?

jabberjay
03-12-2023, 11:56 AM
Hi there, yesterday a friend called and asked if we could care for a pair of orphaned boys that are approximately 7ish weeks old. These are my first squirrels, but I have lots of experience with mice and other rodents. I have Powered Esbilac on order as we don't have any on hand - but It's not supposed to be delivered until the 20th.

Thankfully we also have a nubian goat still in milk so I can make up the homeade goat formula for the boys in the meantime. I know that the goat formula isn't great to have babies on for long periods - Is there anything I can suppliment / help them with until I can get the Esbilac here in hand?

Spanky
03-12-2023, 01:34 PM
Hi there, yesterday a friend called and asked if we could care for a pair of orphaned boys that are approximately 7ish weeks old. These are my first squirrels, but I have lots of experience with mice and other rodents. I have Powered Esbilac on order as we don't have any on hand - but It's not supposed to be delivered until the 20th.

Thankfully we also have a nubian goat still in milk so I can make up the homeade goat formula for the boys in the meantime. I know that the goat formula isn't great to have babies on for long periods - Is there anything I can suppliment / help them with until I can get the Esbilac here in hand?

At 7 weeks they can be on Fox Valley 20/50 which Henry's or Chris' will ship 2 day shipping. My personal preference from 3.5weeks through weaning is half Fox Valley 20/50 and half Esbilac.

Many Tractor Supply Stores carry the Esbilac as well as the big box pet stores.

They should also have rodent block at week 7 (and not other solids until this is being ate well (not just shredded)).