PDA

View Full Version : Big hello to all the squirrel parents, rehabbers, and friends :)

Tails
02-12-2023, 07:39 AM
Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for this awesome forum - a safe place to share and learn about squirrels and their care! I’m a newly licensed rehabber hoping to learn as much as I can and share whatever pearls of wisdom I can too. Thank you for loving squirrels and being their advocates! ❤️

island rehabber
02-12-2023, 08:16 AM
Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for this awesome forum - a safe place to share and learn about squirrels and their care! I’m a newly licensed rehabber hoping to learn as much as I can and share whatever pearls of wisdom I can too. Thank you for loving squirrels and being their advocates! ❤️

:Welcome Tails, glad you found us! Newly licensed rehabber? Music to my ears. I've been around forever rehabbing squirrels so anything I can do to help, just say the word. Rehabbers are SO needed right now in so many places -- I'm the only active rehabber in the Bronx, NY, for example. The squirrels need you. Where are you located in NC? (The general area -- don't worry, we won't send a U-Haul of orphaned babies to your home :grin3)

Charley Chuckles
02-12-2023, 04:50 PM
Welcome and thank you so much👍
So many rehabbers in my area have stopped, moved and I'm now very limited to where I can send babies.
We need more like you 😁

mowie1965
06-12-2023, 07:06 PM
Hello out there!
Thank you rehabbers for your help!

Adult female fox squirell that regularly comes to my patio for treats. Last week she came and was losing hair, rehabber i found online told me to give her ivermectin. I did, she came back next day and ate like a pig. Giving her clean water and nuts daily. Today 6/12 i noticed she is limping left hind leg. Is there anything I can do to help her? Thanks!

SamtheSquirrel2018
06-17-2023, 11:41 AM
Hello out there!
Thank you rehabbers for your help!

Adult female fox squirell that regularly comes to my patio for treats. Last week she came and was losing hair, rehabber i found online told me to give her ivermectin. I did, she came back next day and ate like a pig. Giving her clean water and nuts daily. Today 6/12 i noticed she is limping left hind leg. Is there anything I can do to help her? Thanks!

Hi Mowie1965:
Thanks for finding the Squirrel Board.I'm sorry that I just noticed your thread and that you have not yet had a response! First of all, do you have any photos of the fur loss and exposed skin of your Squirrel? What strength Ivermectin are you using and how much and how often are you giving it? About the limp, is she still limping and if so, does it seem to have worsened, improved or remained the same? Is there any evidence of other injuries anywhere such as wounds, deformities or swelling? The Squirrel may have been involved in a fight or fallen. The can also limp because of conditions that physically interfere with movement and function of the extremity such as a burr stuck to the fur or skin or a foreign body such as a thorn stuck in a foot, a mass such as an abscess or tumor and much more. If we "play the odds," it may be most likely that your Squirrel sustained a sprain which will commonly improve and resolve spontaneously! Please post the photos and keep us updated on your Squirrel!
Regards,
SamtheSquirrel