PDA

View Full Version : New Squirrel Mom!

ShesSoSquirrely
01-28-2023, 09:45 PM
Hi, y’all! I’m Meg and I’m a newbie to the squirrel community. I recently started rehabbing a sweet baby girl that I acquired just days old. She is now 10 weeks and is the apple of my eye! Thank you for allowing me to be here with y’all! I can’t wait to learn all I can and have a support system while doing so. Y’all rock! Thank you!

stepnstone
01-29-2023, 02:07 PM
Hi, y’all! I’m Meg and I’m a newbie to the squirrel community. I recently started rehabbing a sweet baby girl that I acquired just days old. She is now 10 weeks and is the apple of my eye! Thank you for allowing me to be here with y’all! I can’t wait to learn all I can and have a support system while doing so. Y’all rock! Thank you!
Welcome to TSB! The most important thing one can do for a "captive" squirrel is to feed a diet that supplies the proper daily nutrition for a squirrel's requirements.
In the wild they learn what to eat and how to eat to accomplish that, in captivity, we have to learn how to accomplish that. A good quality rodent block is of the upmost importance to prevent MBD. ( metabolic bone disease)
I'm attaching the link to the healthy diet for "pet" squirrels for your consideration.
https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?44440-Healthy-Diet-for-Pet-Squirrels