PDA

View Full Version : Odd Question...

Trublondie96
09-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Ok Garth is about 4 months old and he is amazing. Very friendly and loving with kisses but he does this weird thing.:thinking He will jump on me and not bite but drag his bottom teeth on my arm sortta like he is scrapping my skin.:dono Odd because he wont do it to anyone else. It doesnt hurt and he will do it till i kick him off of me. Just wondering if this is normal? or even what is he doing..lol.
:D

thundersquirrel
09-23-2007, 01:48 AM
that's really strange!

i could imagine it may be a teething thing....but he's far too old....

do his teeth seem long? have you ever had them trimmed?

scoobysnack
09-23-2007, 08:00 AM
Could this be some sort of courting ritual? Like when my bird bobs his head and regurgitates something lovely for me to eat? "ohhh I love you *YAK* here have something tastey".

Lady Squirrelly
09-23-2007, 08:42 AM
My two year old Jack does this too.
I just figured it is some type of grooming thing. :dono

quirlgirl
09-23-2007, 08:42 PM
Scooter does this too and always has, I figured he was also getting salt along with the dead skin. He does it every day to my hands or arms and I have to watch him if there is a scab there cause it will be gone in a flash ...:shakehead

sadiesmom
09-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Sadie does this as well. I've always credited it to be affectionate grooming. She'll do it for as long as I'll let her.

FLUFFYTAILNUT
09-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Sounds like LOVE to me:smoken ...mine does this cute thing....kinda like a HUG thing around my wrist..he'll wrap both of his arms around it..and gently take a tiny bite..as he's hugging me...around my wrist...it's the most darling thing...I could just squeeze the life right out of him...!!!:osnap
Too, cute!:wahoo
Rachel.........................

Trublondie96
09-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks everyone!
:thankyou