PDA

View Full Version : Hello, from Colorado

MamaVon
08-24-2022, 03:34 PM
Hi, All!

I'm Evonne and I live near Denver, Colorado. I found two baby squirrels on my front lawn after we had our maple tree trimmed.

I tried reuniting them with their mom, but she didn't take them :(
I tried finding a wildlife rehabber to take them in, but Colorado has made it very difficult to become licensed and I can't find anyone to take them in.

Now, I am a squirrel mama to Peanut and Scout. Looking for support through this forum. The babies fur has just come in and their eyes are closed, so I think they are ~3-4 weeks old.

Right now, I'm trying to get them hydrated and feed following the instructions in this forum. Also hoping that they pee and poop soon.

So glad this forum exists!

CritterMom
08-24-2022, 04:54 PM
Welcome! Have you read this? https://henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/ It is 6 pages of exactly the info you need.

My only quibble will be with formula recommendations. The sad fact is that with delicate little baby animals, the tiniest change - an ingredient of the formula purchased from another supplier - can cause disaster, so I would use 99% of this info and get my advice for what formula is ok realtime on the board. Currently we are suggesting Esbilac powdered puppy formula - the regular, not the goats milk for the tiny babies and at about 5 weeks slowly transition them to Fox Valley 20/50.

Do you have any specific questions?