PDA

View Full Version : Clicking on our 3 week old! PLEASE HELP!!😢

LizLu
08-05-2022, 08:44 PM
Is Augmentin okay to use for a no more than 3 week old 35g squirrel we just rescued? He is clicking when held up to the hear….. how much should I give??😢PLEASE HELP!!

stepnstone
08-05-2022, 10:32 PM
Is Augmentin okay to use for a no more than 3 week old 35g squirrel we just rescued? He is clicking when held up to the hear….. how much should I give??😢PLEASE HELP!!
What is the milligrams of the Augmentin?
Do you have a 1cc syringe to dose with?

LizLu
08-05-2022, 10:49 PM
What is the milligrams of the Augmentin?
Do you have a 1cc syringe to dose with?

It is regular 500-125mg tablets, I can ground part of one up & add the powder to the goat milk mixture that he loves… will that be okay & do you know how much to grind up ? Yes I have the 1cc syringe with nipple!

stepnstone
08-05-2022, 10:55 PM
It is regular 500-125mg tablets, I can ground part of one up & add the powder to the goat milk mixture that he loves… will that be okay & do you know how much to grind up ?

That is an incorrect and dangerous way to administer an ab to a squirrel, it needs to be diluted then dosed (by liquid) according to the proper milligrams for a squirrel's use.
I can instruct that for you, how / what will you be dosing with is the question?

stepnstone
08-05-2022, 11:21 PM
My apologies, I just read you have a 1cc syringe, I will send dosing instructions to your private messages....

LizLu
08-05-2022, 11:23 PM
That is an incorrect and dangerous way to administer an ab to a squirrel, it needs to be diluted then dosed (by liquid) according to the proper milligrams for a squirrel's use.
I can instruct that for you, how / what will you be dosing with is the question?

That’s why I’m asking for help😢… How do you recommend diluting it and administering per his 35g weight, orally using the 1cc syringe ? How do I dose the correct amount ?

stepnstone
08-05-2022, 11:34 PM
That’s why I’m asking for help😢… How do you recommend diluting it and administering per his 35g weight, orally using the 1cc syringe ? How do I dose the correct amount ?

Check your private messages, dilution and dosing sent...