PDA

View Full Version : Lump on our girls lower jaw

Ashleytc
05-20-2022, 08:53 PM
our little girl has a lump that has shown up in the last week. it is solid and doesn't cause any pain to touch and seemed like it was getting smaller so i gave it a couple of days but its increasing in size again. I have booked an appointment with her vet but the soonest we can get in is Tuesday morning. is there anything we can/should be doing in the meantime? she is eating and drinking normally and we have been giving her formula this week for extra vitamins and comfort as she still loves them.

She is almost 2 years old and has limited use of her rear legs other than that has always been healthy and last checkup was about 6 months ago and all was good.

Thanks in advance we really appreciate any help we can get.

stepnstone
05-21-2022, 11:06 AM
our little girl has a lump that has shown up in the last week. it is solid and doesn't cause any pain to touch and seemed like it was getting smaller so i gave it a couple of days but its increasing in size again. I have booked an appointment with her vet but the soonest we can get in is Tuesday morning. is there anything we can/should be doing in the meantime? she is eating and drinking normally and we have been giving her formula this week for extra vitamins and comfort as she still loves them.
She is almost 2 years old and has limited use of her rear legs other than that has always been healthy and last checkup was about 6 months ago and all was good.
Thanks in advance we really appreciate any help we can get.
Often these suspicious lumps around jaw line are related to their teeth, it could be the building of an abscess.
Xrays would be required to determine, I would definitely follow up with a vet.

Ashleytc
05-23-2022, 01:32 AM
Often these suspicious lumps around jaw line are related to their teeth, it could be the building of an abscess.
Xrays would be required to determine, I would definitely follow up with a vet.

Thank you