PDA

View Full Version : 13 Mo Female Gray Squirrel Losing Weight

SquirtsMom
04-16-2022, 11:27 AM
Hi all, I've been trying to assist my Izzy based off other posts you all have posted. I went on a mini vacay for 4 days with my husband from April 7th-April 10th. Before I left Izzy was a plump energetic girl. When I came back, she was thin as a rail! I checked the baby cam I have in my rehab room and my son did feed her exactly what and when I told him to feed her. My concern was a possible parasite maybe from the spring greens she gets along with her 2 blocks, 2 berries, pumpkin seeds (5) and 2 unshelled nuts per day? or maybe the berries? Since I got home I've tried to give her some FV baby formula with FV Ultraboost but she doesn't want to lap it, so I've tried the syringe and basically forced her to take a few cc's each day. Her energy is up and she's happy, but no weight gain whatsoever. Today I got Bene-bac and gave her a smidge of that as well. Today I am going to get pecan ensure to see if she would like that. There is ZERO squirrel vets within a 6 hr radius of where I am so any help or guidance you can provide would be great. I also want to mention she gets calcium supplement in her water as well, as I also have been concerned about MBD from the start. I love this little girl so so so much, and I'm feeling very hopeless.

Mel1959
04-16-2022, 12:09 PM
I know of several squirrel vets throughout the state of Florida. Where are you located…what city.

SquirtsMom
04-17-2022, 11:02 AM
I know of several squirrel vets throughout the state of Florida. Where are you located…what city.

I have actually moved to the mountains in TN. I miss my squirt vet in Florida so much :(.

Mel1959
04-18-2022, 10:31 AM
There is a vet that did see squirrels in Chattanooga, TN. Dr. Knarr, East Ridge Veterinary, 3702 Ringgold, 423-622-2209. You should check to confirm they still see them.

There’s also one across the border near Fort Payne, Al.