PDA

View Full Version : Balance of Supplements

Snicker Bar
01-19-2022, 10:21 AM
For the picky ones in my gang, I have to make boo balls. It’s the only way they will eat rodent block in any form. We messed up here , and now short of starving them to eat block, I do this (baked boo balls) .

I lost another squirrel, my Flyer Teenie. He was only 5. I’m wondering if it’s because my boo balls are too “hot” with vitamins?? The recipe I was given is :

50 g rodent block
50 g nuts
50 g formula (FV or Esbilac)
20 g coconut oil
100 g fruit/veggie baby food

I quadruple this to make enough for the gang here, but for the rodent block portion, I mix in as many Henry’s Wild Bites leftovers I can save up over a week or two. Maybe that’s not good?? Maybe they need to be made with straight block (Harlan, Mazuri) snd no Henry’s added?? They just make them taste better (the Henry’s) Sometimes I made them with Henry’s only, thinking that was tastier. But maybe this is actually toxic??

I also didn’t realize I didn’t need to dust their worms daily. I was thinking I read somewhere here we should do that, but in fact if they are getting block /Henry’s this isn’t needed . I may have been over supplementing calcium to my flyers for 5 years now :( . I don’t know .

I just need to know , what is a safe block/Henry’s Wild Bites ratio to mix , in this recipe. Because they absolutely won’t eat either unless they are made into a goo of some sort:(