PDA

View Full Version : Need a vet. Lake Charles, Louisiana.

LateNite
11-29-2021, 07:06 PM
I have had a little grey squirrel that was damaged from birth. He had fallen from a nest during hurricane Laura. We've had him for about 16 months. We have not had any luck finding a vet near by to see him should he get hurt or sick. The closest one we could find is an 8 hour round trip. If anyone knows how to find one I would appreciate any help.

stepnstone
11-29-2021, 07:48 PM
I have had a little grey squirrel that was damaged from birth. He had fallen from a nest during hurricane Laura. We've had him for about 16 months. We have not had any luck finding a vet near by to see him should he get hurt or sick. The closest one we could find is an 8 hour round trip. If anyone knows how to find one I would appreciate any help.
I personally don't have an answer for a vet but while waiting on the possibility that another member might,
tell us a little about your squirrel and your reference to "damaged." Is he a neuro? Rear legs paralyzed?
Do you have any immediate concerns with a need for medication?

LateNite
12-12-2021, 04:05 PM
I personally don't have an answer for a vet but while waiting on the possibility that another member might,
tell us a little about your squirrel and your reference to "damaged." Is he a neuro? Rear legs paralyzed?
Do you have any immediate concerns with a need for medication?

He's 17 months old and he doesn't need any meds right now. He is a neuro, he falls over but gets around ok for the most part.