PDA

View Full Version : Hard To Visit

Barby
10-19-2021, 10:18 AM
I found this board last year when I unintentionally became a squirrel-rehabber. Neighbors cut down a tree and it had two babies, two weeks old. I had planned to take them to the local wildlife rehab but they were closed due to covid. My boy and girl made it to release though the boy released himself before I would have liked. I *think* I see him around the yard - only because there is a male who is not as skittish or quick to run off as the "wilds." My girl hung around for awhile but I haven't seen her in months. I miss her dearly. I love all the stories here but it's just hard to visit. Stupid FB keeps sending me "memories" of my babies crawling all over me.;) Just wanted to say hi: such a bitter sweet adventure we embark on with these darlings.

HRT4SQRLS
10-19-2021, 11:56 AM
Hi Barby, most of us became ‘unofficial’ rehabbers the exact same way as you. :) I’m glad you got to experience it. I feel certain that your babies are still around. More than likely your girl has been off tending her new family. It’s very common for them to relocate. I know, I know… our mind paints a terrifying picture but the reality is they find their place and establish a territory and it might not be in your yard. I know that my first release moved to my nieces property that was adjacent to mine. She visited me throughout the years. Twice when she was compromised with bot flies, she came home for help. I brought her back in and nursed her back to health. I released that girl 3 times. :grin2 I know exactly how you feel. We worry. Just know that you did the right thing by giving them the chance to be free. :Love_Icon

Chirps
10-20-2021, 01:07 AM
Hi, Barby. :wave123

Thanks for popping in. Maybe if one of your wilds chooses to have more of a relationship with you it might ease the pain. I'm blessed to have a wild who is such a character, she makes me smile and usually lol every day. It has eased the pain of not seeing my baby, and has eased a lot of other hurts I've dealt with in the past two years.