PDA

View Full Version : New foods question

scoobysnack
09-15-2007, 06:22 PM
HI From Plantation!!!

Scooby and I are in full swing here at my sister's anniversary party. I need to ask how much sampling of new foods can Scooby do safely? There are TONS of neato vegies and fruits. I was wondering how much she can try.

My sis has a pro photographer here. I got some shots with Scooby. He does pets as well as people and he's REALLY good. I can't wait to see them when they come back!!

pamela lee
09-15-2007, 06:36 PM
I don't see why she can't try some of all of it. Just make sure to watch her so she doesn't choke on anything slippery. You know like grapes. I'd let her mostly try veggies, just cause those are healthier then fruit.
Hope your having a great time. We'll be looking forward to seeing the pictures also.
Pamela

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
09-15-2007, 06:46 PM
I agree. I would let her go for it. I will caution you that most rehabbers try new foods one at a time though, to make sure they don't have troubles with any particular foods. I always give mine everything all at once though and so far so good. Just a warning for you. I would stick with the more common foods, you know carrots, broccoli, grapes (be very careful she doesn't choke), apple, canteloupe, watermelon, etc. Enjoy your party, that is so cool that you have a professional photographer taking pics for you.

4skwerlz
09-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Make sure the grapes are peeled, and that all food is in large enough pieces that precious Scoobs won't choke on the food. I would also avoid anything with a lot of strings or tough parts, like celery or pea pods or tough raw veggies. Skinless fruit is usually a safe "first food." You two have fun!

FLUFFYTAILNUT
09-15-2007, 08:25 PM
Wow...party on..for scooby...LOL....you know there is a photographer at the crystal mall will come to your house for 40 bucks and take what ever pictures you want..when you get home..and when she gets bigger..I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures too...
Have a fun party..and get home safe!
Seat beats..don't drive tired..coffee..etc...
see ya..
Rachel...............:thumbsup

scoobysnack
09-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Thanks all

This is a HUGE party. People are just enthralled with Scooby. She was sleeping in my pocket after her formula meal and I had more men paying attention to my right breast...... pocket that is... than I ever imagined in a lifetime!! Glad my hubby is a patient men.

So... Scooby sleeps through it all... live music... loud people. Incredible!! I put her back in her box and she went over to the bowl to sample some food. We went with a bit of carrot, some peeled grapes and a tiny piece of strawberry. Nothing seems to phase this girl. I joked that if we do release her she's gonna show up at every party on the block!!

Ohhh band is playing some Jimmy Buffet.. cool.. gonna go enjoy. I'm on dessert lookout for my daughter. This thing is CATERED!! I'm in HEAVEN!

hazel
09-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Glad to hear you and the baby girl are having a good time !:Love_Icon