PDA

View Full Version : New squirrel mama!

mslee13
09-26-2021, 12:40 PM
:blowkissI have a baby squirrel Ive been nursing for 4 weeks, I think shes about 7weeks old and I love her so much! However the past 2 days she has been sneezing constantly, is breathing with her mouth open. Shes still playing and eating good but im so worried about her. Im otw to get Baytril otic but have no clue about the dosing please help

Spanky
09-26-2021, 01:44 PM
:blowkissI have a baby squirrel Ive been nursing for 4 weeks, I think shes about 7weeks old and I love her so much! However the past 2 days she has been sneezing constantly, is breathing with her mouth open. Shes still playing and eating good but im so worried about her. Im otw to get Baytril otic but have no clue about the dosing please help

Sneezing is not a worry but open mouth breathing is an issue.

Baytril is used to treat Aspiration Pneumonia (AP). The symptoms of AP include loss of appetite, lethargy and a constant clicking that occurs with each breath.

Tell us more about her situation so we can help determine if there is another reason for the mouth breathing and sneezing?

If Baytril is needed, we will need to know her weight in order to provide dosing information.

redwuff
09-26-2021, 02:11 PM
Sneezing is not a worry but open mouth breathing is an issue.

Baytril is used to treat Aspiration Pneumonia (AP). The symptoms of AP include loss of appetite, lethargy and a constant clicking that occurs with each breath.

Tell us more about her situation so we can help determine if there is another reason for the mouth breathing and sneezing?

If Baytril is needed, we will need to know her weight in order to provide dosing information.

Baytril optic is for ears. I’m pretty sure that it can’t be used for internal dosing or AP.

redwuff
09-26-2021, 02:20 PM

No you cannot use Baytril optic internally.

Do you have other antibiotics? As Spanky said, open mouth breathing is a big concern. Do you hear any clicking. Is the baby lethargic?

What formula are you feeding?

Would you post a picture of your darling so we can see how she is doing? We need to know how much she weighs to be able to dose any meds.