PDA

View Full Version : New Temporary Mom

New Squirrel Mama
09-21-2021, 11:36 PM
Sooooo where to begin. I have 2 baby girls they fell out of their nest on Sept 1 and we missed to opportunity to reunite with mom we tried but were unsuccessful they still had their cords when we found them they were cold wet and had ant bites . Babies are currently on FV , Goat Milk and HWC. FV sits for at least 4 to 6 hours before being fed to babies. They are fed every 2 to 3 hrs depending on milk lines. They sleep in a cat house that has a heating pad for the bottom but it doesn't stay warm enough for them so they also have a water bottle and sometimes a rice buddy with either fleece blankets or T shirts.
I made a huge mistake in the beginning a swapped their formula without doing it gradual and they dehydrated from my mistake so I spent and entire day sitting in a chair hydrating them every 15 mins. I have spent many hours researching reading researching and reading even more sometimes the same stuff just to ensure they have the best life until they are free again.

stepnstone
09-21-2021, 11:58 PM
Sooooo where to begin. I have 2 baby girls they fell out of their nest on Sept 1 and we missed to opportunity to reunite with mom we tried but were unsuccessful they still had their cords when we found them they were cold wet and had ant bites . Babies are currently on FV , Goat Milk and HWC. FV sits for at least 4 to 6 hours before being fed to babies. They are fed every 2 to 3 hrs depending on milk lines. They sleep in a cat house that has a heating pad for the bottom but it doesn't stay warm enough for them so they also have a water bottle and sometimes a rice buddy with either fleece blankets or T shirts.
I made a huge mistake in the beginning a swapped their formula without doing it gradual and they dehydrated from my mistake so I spent and entire day sitting in a chair hydrating them every 15 mins. I have spent many hours researching reading researching and reading even more sometimes the same stuff just to ensure they have the best life until they are free again.

Do you have weights on them to know how much you should be feeding them between the recommended 5-7% of body weight?
I'm assuming they are around just a tad over 4 weeks old now and their eyes haven;t opened yet??
Can you post a picture of the girls...