PDA

View Full Version : Help with identifying pelase. Is this squirrelly Pregnant? Or Nursing?

akamomo
09-03-2021, 09:05 PM
I will try to attach these photos of my squirrel friend... can't tell if she's had her kits - from her state I might say yes but unsure. Her size is on the larger generally as she is fed pretty well - or is this "ripe" look just late-term pregnancy? What do you think? She also visits 2x a day to drink and eat and that reminds me of the last time I think she was nursing.

Attached photos:

Spanky
09-03-2021, 09:33 PM
My opinion is actively nursing...

Lighten-Up
09-04-2021, 09:21 AM
My opinion is actively nursing and because of the size of her teats, her babies are much older than younger. I'm not an expert on this, I've just been doing my own self study. My guess is that these are fully furred babies, not brand new little ones.

CritterMom
09-04-2021, 09:36 AM
Yup, nursing older babies. You can even see where the fur is sort of matted down around her teats from dried baby spit.

sundoesshine
09-04-2021, 12:34 PM
My opinion is actively nursing and because of the size of her teats, her babies are much older than younger. I'm not an expert on this, I've just been doing my own self study. My guess is that these are fully furred babies, not brand new little ones.
Same here and agree. Plus the fact that she is dining 2x a day. I noticed my "momma squirrel" would up her visits to multiples when the kits got larger. When they were younger, it was only 1x a day around 3pm that she'd come around.