PDA

View Full Version : Lady Squirrelly

Lady Squirrelly
09-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Hello,
I joined the board a week or so ago and have never introduced myself.

I live in Jacksonville, Florida.

I teach school and am raising baby number 8. I found the board when I was looking for an answer to a bot fly issue with my Doll.

I was introduced to my first baby 4 years ago by a barking dog. It seems mother had put the tiny baby on the warm sand to die. I am sure of this because the drey was far over in the big oak tree and there was another one (deformed) and dead in the same place the next day.

My first love's name was Screech and he had teeth issues. The Vet had to trim the bottom ones about once a month. I loved him dearly and so did my students. He was 2 1/2 when he passed. The Vet called it pnumonia (SP?).

I have been lucky enough to get one or two every year just as school starts. We weigh and measure them in class and learn all about the Eastern Grey squirrel. Go Science!! :thumbsup

I have rasied and released Buddy, Vinny, Jack and Jill (Jack returned with a bad eye and has stayed), Sonny and Cher.

I never knew until Screech entered my life how wonderful these little creatures are.

Lady Squirrelly is my Red Hat name. OK, so it's not just because I raise squirrels. :D NO! I am not blonde.

I have even smuggled a tiny baby that needs to be fed often into eating places in my purse. :nono

I just wanted to say hello and to thank everyone for all the great information I have found on this board.
:thankyou

Lady Squirrelly

Momma Squirrel
09-13-2007, 03:47 PM
:Welcome Lady Squirrelly, that is awesome that you can expose your students to these precious animals. Maybe more and more will grow up with a better respect and appreciation for squirrels and other animals.

Glad to have you on board, look forward to stories and pictures :crazy

Oh yeah what age group do you teach?

squirrelfriend
09-14-2007, 01:21 PM
[QUOTE=Momma Squirrel]:Welcome Lady Squirrelly, that is awesome that you can expose your students to these precious animals. Maybe more and more will grow up with a better respect and appreciation for squirrels and other animals.

I was going to say the same! Education is the strongest tool in protecting these little guys. Your students can learn how precious squirrels really are. they will end up respecting and loving them instead of thinking that they are vermin or "just a squirrel".

Please keep us updated on your little guys and as Gammas baby says "We love pics!":D

Jackie in Tampa
12-24-2010, 07:18 AM
CM918
Merry Christmas
and Happy New Year Elsie!

lilidukes
12-24-2010, 07:39 AM
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Anne
12-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Love you, Elise:Love_Icon
Merry Christmas:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug