PDA

View Full Version : I miss my buddy How do I move on?

Najiriha22
08-10-2021, 12:52 AM
I am on vacation visiting home when I found a baby squirrel pinkie a week ago. He was covered in ants. he had to be at least a week old because he had his umbilical cord on his stomach so I did everything I can do to save him ❤️ I wanted to keep him for my whole vacation then bring him to a wildfire rescue center. I absolutely fell in love we were soooo attached. Everything was completely fine then on the 6th day He ended up having diarrhea i kept him hydrated with water until the diarrhea cleared then he wasn’t eating properly became fussy and would whine. I was so afraid I thought he was getting sick I tried everything but nothing seem work. I was very sad I thought I was killing him😞 I knew it was time to let him go to get the proper help he needed. So yesterday morning I bought him to the wildfire rescue center. The staff lady said that he is healthy that I did a great job taking care of him. he was fussy bcuz the Esbilac formula was too rich and gave him a stomach ache that’s why he wasn’t eating. So I was very happy and relieved. Also,they got a baby squirrel that morning to grow him up with so that was perfect. Due to covid I wasn’t allowed inside and had to stand 6 feet apart. I wasn’t able to hold him one last time to say goodbye because it was raining and he needed to stay warm. I was able to touch his little head he was trying so hard to jump out her hand onto mine. 😢 I asked if they can give me a full update on when they release him unfortunately they don’t keep tags on them to know who is who but she was nice enough to say she’ll call me in a week to update me on how he is doing. Being 6 month pregnant I cried all day yesterday and this morning I miss him so much. How do I move on? I know he is in good hands. I’m happy I got to save his life to give him a chance to live his life ❤️

Chirps
08-17-2021, 12:36 AM
Hi! Just seeing this. Thank you for saving this baby! I can't offer anything by way of advice to help you move on. I hope they do keep you updated on baby's progress That might help. Maybe in time it will be enough for you to know you were a short yet vital link in the chain of raising this baby to a life in the trees. Soon enough you're going to be busy with your own little baby. :hug

Charley Chuckles
08-17-2021, 08:17 AM
Thank you for having such a kind heart to rescue this baby and for doing the selfless thing taking him to the proper care givers 🤗
Now you have found squirrel love and there is no turning back. Your little friend thanks you 🥰