PDA

View Full Version : Pyometra

Snicker Bar
08-07-2021, 09:08 PM
Are there any threads here about pyometra in squirrels ?
Any who have had one with this?

stepnstone
08-08-2021, 12:40 AM
Are there any threads here about pyometra in squirrels ?
Any who have had one with this?

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?64636-PYOMETRA&highlight=Pyometra

Snicker Bar
08-08-2021, 06:27 AM
Thanks , this case was a very helpful summary. I’m just in a predicament here , on the road. When I first noticed and posted about this 7/31/21 my intentions were to get a specimen for culture, but literally it was gone by the next day. She has been clean (but still swollen) and acting normal since. Now, on a much needed trip with our daughter, the stuff was back and dried to her blanket. It has a foul odor. I have yogurt (she hates) but I restarted it in case it’s yeast?

I’m going to have to try and contact Dr. Emerson later this AM. I so hate to have to put Doodles through anything major again so soon. She just got over her Odontoma/ triple extraction surgery. She’s eating well and back to her happy and as normal as her neuro self can be . I’m just hoping it could be managed conservatively if possible for her sake. We are in a campground 400 miles away from home/her office . We so need this time with our youngest (daughter); I don’t want to overreact but I know this can be life threatening. She just doesn’t act like she’s sick at all, no fever, good appetite,

Charley Chuckles
08-08-2021, 07:16 AM
I'm so sorry this is happening to Doodles😔 you've both gone through so much :grouphug
The fact she is acting normal is at least a positive sign.
Sending lots of prayers🙏🙏🙏

Diggie's Friend
08-12-2021, 02:44 PM
https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?40400-question-about-white-substance-when-urinating&p=877424#post877424

Originally posted by Loopy Squirrel:

Ask the vet if she thinks it could be a fungal infection as well. May be they could get a sample of the discharge and look at it under the microscope. If it's a yeast infection, antibiotics won't help, it may make it worse. There are antifungals that they can prescribe to help with that. They need to rule out the simple things first before rushing work ups & surgery.