PDA

View Full Version : on-board rehabber locations

thundersquirrel
09-12-2007, 03:33 PM
greetings!

i have a new idea. when new emergencies come up that require a rehabber, what better rehabbers to handle it that those on this board?

even if a rehabber can't help, they are likely to know the resources available in an area as well as other rehabbers nearby.

i've made four maps- each a part of the united states- where rehabbers, if they'd like to, can have me write their abbreviated usernames in the general area that they are in.

note that i've added my name in southeast michigan. clearly, one could tell what area i live in, but not know the specifics.

folks can come to this thread when they need help and find out which rehabbing members are closest to their area. i would prefer it if only licensed, certified, or permit-holding rehabbers had their name on the list. exceptions could be made for very experienced squirrel raisers.

i hope this becomes a helpful tool in our never-ending quest to help others (and squirrels!). :)

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
09-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Great idea TS! You can add my name up there in northeast Ohio.

Critter_Queen
09-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Good idea! Please add me to East/Central Iowa.

thundersquirrel
09-12-2007, 03:54 PM
awesome guys! thanks!

i added you both to the map, but before i can post it i need squerly to alter the rules on this thread for me....

which is something i forgot.....

and hopefully won't be an issue. :D

rehab map is suspended until further notice. LOL!

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
12-30-2007, 02:16 PM
You can add me to NE Pa.!!

dmgualtieri
12-30-2007, 02:40 PM
You can add me to MA, boston area!:thumbsup

TexanSquirrel
12-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Excellent idea!:thumbsup

Buddy'sMom
12-31-2007, 07:55 PM
:thumbsup :thumbsup

Secret Squirrel
01-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Add me to Charleston South Carolina area....coastal.:thumbsup

halo
07-25-2008, 10:53 PM
Add me to East Central Kansas!

Halo

cr8zyanimalgirl
07-26-2008, 11:40 AM
You can add me to the west coast of central Florida

TENDERHEART
07-31-2008, 10:20 AM
Add me too !! Central Florida ( Polk County)

Jackie in Tampa
07-31-2008, 10:48 AM
:wave123
Not sure if I can help...not licensed at anything:thinking except to drive.
But have alot of stuff and gumption...and love SQUIRRELS!
Hillsborough County, Tampa; Florida :smoken

Mountain Mama
07-31-2008, 11:16 PM
Please put me in the northeast Alabama area...

foxsquirrels
07-31-2008, 11:33 PM
GREAT IDEA! You can add me to NE Oklahoma.

miraclesquirrel
08-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Can you add me to Volusia county Fl. (East Central Fl)

LynninIN
08-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Can you add me to Volusia county Fl. (East Central Fl)
Thank you! Could you please pm me your contact number and zip code. Having this information has been invaluable this week and saved several squirrels.

foxsquirrels
08-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Lynn,
Do you have my information?

LynninIN
08-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Lynn,
Do you have my information?
No, I'd love for you to pm it to me.

Sissy
08-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Add me to Central North Carolina!

LynninIN
08-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Add me to Central North Carolina!
:thumbsup

Jackie in Tampa
02-18-2009, 05:21 PM
:wave123
Not sure if I can help...not licensed at anything:thinking except to drive.
But have alot of stuff and gumption...and love SQUIRRELS!
Hillsborough County, Tampa; Florida :smoken
Found the thread, but we didn't give numbers!
I guess didn't want any nut jobs calling!
:poke Hard to find a scareyer wacko than myself! :rotfl
hhhhmmm:dono
I know lot's of members have my number....and I do mornings daily here, coffee and TSB...when all tech stuff is ck.
Is there a TSB directory?????:dono should there be????

Legomom
05-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Has anything more been done with this? It would be great if we had a general idea of who is where. I tend to PM the rehabbers that I know of when I see a thread pop up that might be in their area. Phone #s & email aren't necessary, just a general idea of location. Just my thoughts.

Pointy Tale
05-07-2009, 03:19 PM
thundersquirrel, that is such a great idea...I love it. I'm not a rehabber, but this is Great!

Cecil
05-08-2009, 05:57 PM
I've been kind of hoping this would come together too. I know that when Sammie came to me I was desperate for a rehabber or a group I could take her to. I found two; a rehabber who never answered his phone and a wildlife group that's 45 miles south. A phone call to them got me a recorded menu asking me to push a number of buttons. After a time I got a message directing me to call another number. I left a message at the second number and after 6 hours got a call back saying they didn't do squirrels.

I would have gladly and with a great deal of relief handed her over to someone who could have helped us and would do so in a heartbeat in the future...if I knew who they were.

digiandchipper
05-08-2009, 09:29 PM
I've been kind of hoping this would come together too. I know that when Sammie came to me I was desperate for a rehabber or a group I could take her to. I found two; a rehabber who never answered his phone and a wildlife group that's 45 miles south. A phone call to them got me a recorded menu asking me to push a number of buttons. After a time I got a message directing me to call another number. I left a message at the second number and after 6 hours got a call back saying they didn't do squirrels.

I would have gladly and with a great deal of relief handed her over to someone who could have helped us and would do so in a heartbeat in the future...if I knew who they were.

hear, hear!:goodpost

muffinsquirrel
05-08-2009, 11:41 PM
I'm not licensed, but work under the Southeast Texas rehabber group, and have been for quite a few years. I'll do squirrels of any kind, and some other animals and birds - if I don't do them, one of our other rehabbers does. I'm in southeast Texas, and within easy distance of northeast Lousiana.

If you need my phone number, just let me know and I'll PM you.

muffinsquirrel