PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for Vet Appointment!

Bonbon
05-15-2021, 03:08 PM
Hey all! As I mentioned in a previous post, I caught my sweet wild squirrel who was dragging her back right leg and couldn't get up a tree when she was being chased by a cat. She has been under my care for the past 4 nights and seems OK - no puncture/bite wounds from the cat that I can see. She is in a dog crate with some blankets, dishes of water and a Lixit bottle (which I don't think she is using). I have been giving her grapes, unsalted peanuts and I bought some Henrys blocks (she's eaten 2 in the past 24 hours) and she is slowly picking at food mostly overnight. I'm not sure if she is drinking but if she is, it's always when I'm out of sight. I also keep the crate covered pretty much all the time so she is in the dark and feels safer.
I have a vet appointment but it's on the 20th (next Thurs) and there is literally no one else in my area who would look at her without confiscating or euthanasia which I'm not OK with. I can't physically handle her to check out the leg (she is chittering and tries to bite) and am afraid to exacerbate the leg injury. If I try to pick her up or anything she really struggles and if she got out of the crate I wouldn't know what to do. Any advice as to how to keep her safe and healthy until her vet appointment? Does she need anything that I'm not giving her? Any advice welcomed.