PDA

View Full Version : YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!

Barby
12-09-2020, 01:29 PM
She's BACK!!! I didn't even see her and went out to feed my bunnies and she jumped on me from one of the bunny hutches!:serene She's quite fat so is doing alright for herself. I thought it was hard having children grow up and leave you. That's nothing compared to your squirrel babies, ha! Thank you all for the support and information.

CritterMom
12-09-2020, 01:58 PM
Oh, that is wonderful!

Buddy
12-09-2020, 02:35 PM
:dance

Barby
12-09-2020, 02:38 PM
:dance

I tried to "move on" and trust she was off doing squirrel things but I won't lie: a heaviness has been lifted from my heart!!

Barby
12-09-2020, 02:39 PM
Oh, that is wonderful!

Thank you. It is so nice to see her again!

RockyPops
12-09-2020, 03:24 PM
Good news story for today....!!!! :w00t:bliss Hooray!

TubeDriver
12-09-2020, 04:01 PM
I hate to say "I told you so"...... so I won't. :grin3

But I am really glad your little one showed up (and fat too!). :w00t:clap:dance

Barby
12-09-2020, 04:59 PM
I hate to say "I told you so"...... so I won't. :grin3

But I am really glad your little one showed up (and fat too!). :w00t:clap:dance

That's ok! It's the best "I told you so" ever!:serene And she is quite fat!:grin2

Chirps
12-09-2020, 11:11 PM
:shine

:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana: banana

Snicker Bar
12-10-2020, 06:56 AM
I’m so late seeing this but so glad that I did!! Just guard your heart and know you may not see her everyday.

Who knows.... Someday she may come visit with her own babies :) !

Mel1959
12-10-2020, 08:56 AM
I am so happy for you! What a dandy day brightened! :dance:w00t:Love_Icon:serene:multi

Put some predator guards on your box in case she wants to use it again. This is how we put them on our boxes. And the inside of the box is either two levels like here or extra deep.

Barby
12-14-2020, 12:14 PM
I am so happy for you! What a dandy day brightened! :dance:w00t:Love_Icon:serene:multi

Put some predator guards on your box in case she wants to use it again. This is how we put them on our boxes. And the inside of the box is either two levels like here or extra deep.

Thanks!!

You are right in that now I see her "periodically." I'm not sure if she was always around and I just missed her or she was on her own squirrel sojourn for a few days. She and I enjoyed some avocado together yesterday - which of course she ate it and I just enjoyed being with her while she ate it. She is definitely squirreling-up. If I pet her too much, she seems to be annoyed as she will hop up into a branch to finish. The nesting box is about 15 feet up so I am going to take it down, add the necessary predator protection and try to get it higher in the tree. Her abandonment of this box did coincide with much cooler temps so not sure if that was why. They give so little answers when you ask them. :grin2 Meanwhile there is a "big boy" who hangs around and I wonder if that's my boy? He doesn't run off the minute I speak to him but he keeps me at a distance. It's like something primal from our early day together is present but his squirrel instincts are rightfully stronger.

Mel1959
12-16-2020, 06:05 PM
Their instincts do eventually kick in, sometimes it’s sooner than later. :shakehead

Typically they prefer the nest boxes when the temps drop. Maybe she had a close encounter with her nest box or just didn’t feel safe. Putting predator guards on will give you....and her....piece of mind.