PDA

View Full Version : NEED TO BUY NUTS IN SHELL PRONTO!!

Trooper
10-06-2020, 12:00 PM
I know this will be an unusual request, but I need the help of any TSB member that lives close to Port Orange, Florida.

I am here after a 3,284 miles trip from California to have two of my wild squirrels undergo surgery with Dr. Alicia Emerson. Along the way, we misplaced a bag containing the hard-shell nuts, one of my patients eats exclusively; I mean Pecans, Walnuts, Hazelnuts. Without them she (Stubby is her name) feels like I am not providing her best treats, and although she eats shelled nuts and blocks, which I have; I wanted to give her her favorites once she comes out of surgery.

Unfortunately I called all the local grocery, Tractor Supply, Health food stores, Walmarts, Targets and the like in the general area of Port Orange, and Zippo! Nobody has anything. The closest I get are peanuts and pistachios.

I know that some of you members are feeding your loved squirrels some of these hard-shell nuts and though you might be able to give me tips as to where I could buy them locally.

Any help will be appreciated by Stubby and me, Trooper's Dad.

Mialouise
10-10-2020, 10:26 PM
Oh no! I hope the surgery went well and your babies got lots of love and treats!

whisperer
10-11-2020, 06:25 AM
Is there a Trader Joe's around? Or in Driving distance?

Charley Chuckles
10-11-2020, 06:35 AM
I'm sorry I just saw this.
Checking on the post surgery?
Are you still in Port Orange?
I have plenty of nuts I could share🤗