PDA

View Full Version : Could anyone help with a possible age.

LaurenN1215
08-24-2020, 03:30 PM
So I've been horrible with ages. This is my new baby Nut Job. Bringing him back to health currently. Has his bottom teeth and dirty brown/blonde fur is growing on his head and upper back.

*Note* yes it may look like I'm holding him weird but there is a reason his name is Nut Job. He will never stop moving and crawling all over my hands and arm. He's is totally my baby already after 5 days. Knows when its me and will only purposefully crawl into my hand <3

Thanks.!!!

stepnstone
08-24-2020, 03:59 PM
I'd have to see a full body shot of that baby, I'm not even convinced that's a squirrel.... :rolf

LaurenN1215
08-24-2020, 06:00 PM
I'd have to see a full body shot of that baby, I'm not even convinced that's a squirrel.... :rolf

This is as best I can do he won't stop moving 😅

Mel1959
08-24-2020, 08:09 PM
It looks like a baby rat to me. If it has white toenails it’s a rat, black toenails it’s a squirrel. I see you’re in Florida. We have very few mice, so......probably a rat.

LaurenN1215
08-24-2020, 08:26 PM
It looks like a baby rat to me. If it has white toenails it’s a rat, black toenails it’s a squirrel. I see you’re in Florida. We have very few mice, so......probably a rat.

After looking further I think you are right :( I was hoping it was a squirrel but hes still so cute!!! I was able to take better pictures.

stepnstone
08-24-2020, 08:54 PM
After looking further I think you are right :( I was hoping it was a squirrel but hes still so cute!!! I was able to take better pictures.

Don't be sad, it's little life matters too... :grin3 :grouphug

LaurenN1215
08-24-2020, 09:17 PM
Don't be sad, it's little life matters too... :grin3 :grouphug

Now to convince my husband to keep a rat lol. He's my baby already. He cuddles me once he's milk drunk and must know my scent as he only comes to me. Off to Google how to take care of a rat 😂🤣

Chirps
08-24-2020, 10:11 PM
Please keep us posted on his progress.

Someone else was in here almost a week ago now? and never came back. Was hoping he was going to try to reunite with Mom that night, but not sure if he was skeeved that he had two rats. Still wondering and hoping they got back to Mom or were nurtured by someone.

TinyPaws
08-25-2020, 11:47 AM
Awwww he's adorable ❤

TinyPaws
08-25-2020, 11:51 AM
If you google baby roof rats you will see your baby's relatives

BCChins
08-25-2020, 12:23 PM
Look up rat video's you can teach them all kinds of things they are smart critters. Find a cool one and tell you husband this is what we are striving for!

Mommasika
08-27-2020, 04:47 PM
Rats are extremely intelligent. You can teach them tricks. They make better pets than hamsters or gerbils and I try to get parents away from them as a first pet. They are turned off by the tail. Hamsters bite becuase they are nocturnal, but we want to pay with them during the day, so we anger them. And at night, they are Jane Fonda on their exercise wheels. Gerbils are just on crack and too whacko. I'm a science teacher. I always have had rats in my room to dispel the stereotype of them being dirty and bad. You have a good pet. If it's a male, clean his cage often. They are a little more stinky than females. They like toilet paper tubes stuffed with things and other intellectual toys like that.

Mommasika