PDA

View Full Version : URGENT - Water Retention under the skin in the whole body

sam_abe
07-27-2020, 03:27 PM
URGENT and CRITICAL

Hi All - I am new to the squirrel board and cant thank you all enough for having this forum. Last tuesday I found a pinky perhaps 2 / 3 days old. I left it outside in a box played sounds of baby calls and waited for mum who did not appear. There is no Esbilac or any formula available where I live (not in the US) and with COVID - no chance of a delivery. So I had no option but to start him on Lactol Kitten and subsequently moved him on to your goat milk formula. He was dehydrated and I gave him Pedialite and started weaning him. He started developing fluid retention under his skin - from his feet to under his neck both front and back he looks like he is immersed in a water balloon - its that bad - I felt he was a bit jaundiced too - Any help would be much appreciated - I am desperate - his pee is also slowing down and seems to have a bad tummy since 5 hours ago- this is not bloating but you can actually see and feel the water under his skin - he is hungry still and with each feed I feel the water gets worse and he is uncomfortable and in pain - please let me know what I can do - we are at a loss here -

TubeDriver
07-27-2020, 03:50 PM
Hi Sam,
Too much pedialyte can be very dangerous and lead to kidney failure. Stop all pedialyte (he has been on it for 6 days?), just give goats milk formula. If he needs additional hydration between feedings, give pure water for supplemental hydration.

URGENT and CRITICAL

Hi All - I am new to the squirrel board and cant thank you all enough for having this forum. Last tuesday I found a pinky perhaps 2 / 3 days old. I left it outside in a box played sounds of baby calls and waited for mum who did not appear. There is no Esbilac or any formula available where I live (not in the US) and with COVID - no chance of a delivery. So I had no option but to start him on Lactol Kitten and subsequently moved him on to your goat milk formula. He was dehydrated and I gave him Pedialite and started weaning him. He started developing fluid retention under his skin - from his feet to under his neck both front and back he looks like he is immersed in a water balloon - its that bad - I felt he was a bit jaundiced too - Any help would be much appreciated - I am desperate - his pee is also slowing down and seems to have a bad tummy since 5 hours ago- this is not bloating but you can actually see and feel the water under his skin - he is hungry still and with each feed I feel the water gets worse and he is uncomfortable and in pain - please let me know what I can do - we are at a loss here -