PDA

View Full Version : Hello, squirrel lovers! Can anyone identify this squirrel?

HMcNamee
07-20-2020, 02:12 AM
Hi everyone! I'm happy to finally join this community after visiting the site many times over the last couple of years. I have a 3 year old eastern grey squirrel (Fifi, aka Peef) and I've absorbed plenty of useful information from these forums since she was rescued as a little baby. I am a vet tech, with many years of experience with rodents and exotics, and I would love to help out if and when I can.

I was actually driven to join when I came across a clip of a squirrel in one of those "cute animal compilation" videos today. I've never seen a squirrel quite like this and thought, who better to help identify this cutie than the squirrel lovers of The Squirrel Board. Its a really short clip, and its linked at the right time, so be ready.

Here's the link: https://youtu.be/iJWNU5Yf560?t=264. I was thinking it might be an Albert's squirrel with a unique color pattern? What do you guys think? I've been all over google and can't find anything like it!

Chirps
07-20-2020, 05:31 AM
Hi, and thanks! What a beauty! It does look like an Abert's based on the HUNDREDS of pics of uniquely patterned squirrels I just looked at. There is one pic that sort of looks like it-- a black-and-white piebald, but it doesn't identify the species.

Thanks for making me late for work! :embar:grin2