PDA

View Full Version : Help need answers

Ceasar
09-05-2007, 03:08 AM
My neighbor came knocking on my door yesterday afternoon with a baby gray said she found the mother dead killed by their cat and they got the baby from the cat mouth.The baby does have any injuries that I can detect. But I was reading about a bacteria.That a baby can get from the cat and that he needs an antibiotic .I dont have a vet here that will see a squirrel .So how can I get him what he needs .He is about 4 to 5 weeks old from the research I have done can any one help me out here ????:grouphug

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
09-05-2007, 06:16 AM
If you pm me your location, I can find you a rehabber that will have everything the baby needs! I think that is the best bet for this little tyke.

Ceasar
09-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Yes we have look around the trees and did not found any more babies but I have no way of getting to the nest there are alot of them around us and they are too high for us to reach .

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
09-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Keep checking around the area for up to a week. If there are any more babies left in the nest, they will wait until they are STARVING to come out. That is why baby squirrels are often so dehydrated and scrawny when we get them. They have gone days without eating and finally come out in search of food.