PDA

View Full Version : NOT A SQUIRREL..BUT

TinyPaws
06-19-2020, 05:00 PM
Where do I post to get advise for treating an adult male racoon who now I believe was attacked by coyotes in my area?

Nancy in New York
06-19-2020, 05:02 PM
Where do I post to get advise for treating an adult male racoon who now I believe was attacked by coyotes in my area?

You can post it right here in this thread.

TinyPaws
06-19-2020, 05:28 PM
Yesterday I rescued an adult male racoon he was lying by the curb in the street across from my house at first I thought maybe he was hit by a car and then I thought maybe he was shot because we have crazy people where I live today though the wounds look more as if he was bit and Mikus then would be from one of the coyotes in our area I'll send a picture or to the right eye is probably gone and they cheek on the right side has an open wound that he's been trying to clean or Poe Act I did flush it with water and put antibiotic cream on it yesterday he ate very well and drank very well then he slept all night I wasn't sure he was going to make it today he wanted to try to eat but he then gave up interest in eating he drank a little water and he sleeps a lot now so I cannot find anyone in my location that will take or have room for a raccoon and so he's here in a cage out in my backyard shaded from the Sun

TinyPaws
06-19-2020, 05:37 PM
I would like to start him on antibiotics I do have 500 mg capsules of amoxicillin and I believe for mixing that strength would be to mix it with a 30 mL of water or 6 teaspoons and the dose I think for his way would be 5 to 10mg twice or three times a day. I wish I had a pain medication for him but I do not the only thing that I would have to help him is Lorazepam which I know can be used for racoons I do have Metacam the stronger dose in the purple bottle I believe I might be able to try that but I don't know how much of that I would dose

stepnstone
06-19-2020, 08:47 PM
Poor baby :(
Sent you a pm, hope she can help.