PDA

View Full Version : Nugget- inflamed penis

salex11
05-06-2020, 06:57 AM
My 10 month old male woke up with an enlarged and inflamed penis- at first it looked like a dogs penis looks when "their lipstick" comes out. Picture attached. Is it infected? Please help! Thank you!

Mel1959
05-06-2020, 07:36 AM
The skin has rolled back on his penis. You can apply a little coconut oil and unroll it to cover his penis again. I had a dwarf squirrel that this happened to a few times. I’m not sure if it was caused from self suckling or what.

island rehabber
05-06-2020, 07:38 AM
If he is in with other babies, someone is suckling on him because they are hungry and think it's Mom. If he's alone he could be doing it to himself. First you have to make sure the penis is not blocked to where he can't pee -- this can be deadly. Use a tissue and warm water and gently soak the red area until you know the opening is clear. If he is being sucked on (a major problem with baby squirrels) he needs to be separated from the 'sucker'......if doing it himself he needs to be fed more often. Worse comes to worst you can put a little baby sock on him to protect the penis.

salex11
05-06-2020, 08:05 AM
The skin has rolled back on his penis. You can apply a little coconut oil and unroll it to cover his penis again. I had a dwarf squirrel that this happened to a few times. I’m not sure if it was caused from self suckling or what.

Thank you so much! The coconut oil worked and he is urinating fine that I can tell. Will watch closely.

Mel1959
05-06-2020, 01:34 PM
:great :great