PDA

View Full Version : teeth and such

scoobysnack
09-01-2007, 06:24 PM
I've noticed that for quite some time Scooby has had lower teeth. I estimate her to be about a week and two or three days old (23 oe 24 days old now) In fact... in ONE hour it will be THREE weeks to the very minute she was delivered to us via the Pixie express.

When do they normally get teeth and in what order? How do I know when she's eliminating waste enough on her own?

I'm having trouble opening anything adobe acrobat (freezes my puter) to get information on where I go after the ole eyes open and such.

I'm just getting ready for the next step. Scoobs continues to thrive. She's 67 grams today that's a six gram gain from yesterday!!! I'm following the 5% rule for feeding.

Thanks in advance for all advice.

Pam
09-01-2007, 07:04 PM
She's 67 grams today that's a six gram gain from yesterday!!!

WOW!! She is gaining good. :alright.gif I've had Rosie for 24 days...she has only gained 40 grams in that time. She weighs 50 grams today.

4skwerlz
09-01-2007, 07:20 PM
According to my chart:

3-4 weeks--velvety fur on most of body; weight 40-55 g; bottom teeth emerge.

4-5 weeks--short fur all over, thin white fur on belly and tail; weight 50-130 g; top teeth emerge; ears begin to thin and open.

5-6 weeks--eyes open; weight 75 g or more.

scoobysnack
09-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Scooby is certainly marching to the beat of a different drummer. Maybe she is the drummer!!

The pictures are in order of...

The first night 8-11, the second night 11-12 and then yesterday. I had figured her for being maybe 3 or 4 days old when we found her. Very pink, no "shadow" to speak of. She looked like an embryo.

Today... three weeks ago exactly... her ears are standing up and appear open, she is reacting to sound, she has fur but not covering her belly yet. She has no upper teeth. She weighs in at 67 grams (too fat?). Her eyes have not yet even begun to open but she does seem to notice changes in light through her lids.

I don't know what she weighed the night I got her but I do know that about five days later she only weighed in at 25 grams. She'd been gaining about a gram every other day at that point. let's figure she probably weighed less than 20 grams when I found her.

Do you all think she's a grey? I've had several people tell me how "brown" she appears.