PDA

View Full Version : Water diarrhea and won’t eat

Sullys mom
04-12-2020, 02:00 PM
I always give him a little piece of banana every other day and it keeps his bowels regular and when I gave him the banana day before yesterday it was green and I’m sure that’s what has given him the diarrhea but it’s like water and it stinks and he won’t eat anything today ! I’m very concerned, is there something I can give him . He’s full grown , I’ve had him almost 6 years .

HRT4SQRLS
04-12-2020, 02:12 PM
You can give his a drop of PeptoBismol. It should stop the diarrhea.
You can also give him some canned pumpkin. This is the type that is plain cooked pumpkin in a can. It has no additives. You might need to crush it and try syringe feeding it.

Be sure to keep him hydrated.

Homemade Rehydration fluid:
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon sugar or molasses
1 pinch salt

Nancy in New York
04-12-2020, 02:24 PM
I always give him a little piece of banana every other day and it keeps his bowels regular and when I gave him the banana day before yesterday it was green and I’m sure that’s what has given him the diarrhea but it’s like water and it stinks and he won’t eat anything today ! I’m very concerned, is there something I can give him . He’s full grown , I’ve had him almost 6 years .

Green banana will typically cause constipation.
Unripe bananas have more startch and they are hard to digest.
I wonder if something else is going on?

Sullys mom
04-12-2020, 04:30 PM
You can give his a drop of PeptoBismol. It should stop the diarrhea.
You can also give him some canned pumpkin. This is the type that is plain cooked pumpkin in a can. It has no additives. You might need to crush it and try syringe feeding it.

Be sure to keep him hydrated.

Homemade Rehydration fluid:
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon sugar or molasses
1 pinch salt

He seems to be drinking fine. I made the rehydration fluid , should I put it in his water bottle or give it to him in a syringe ?

Sullys mom
04-12-2020, 04:34 PM
Green banana will typically cause constipation.
Unripe bananas have more startch and they are hard to digest.
I wonder if something else is going on?

I don’t know what else it could be ! I haven’t changed his diet at all ? We did spend sometime outside day before yesterday playing, but I watch him closely not to eat anything that I think he shouldn’t have.

Sullys mom
04-12-2020, 04:36 PM
He seems to be drinking fine. I made the rehydration fluid , should I put it in his water bottle or give it to him in a syringe ?

I also gave him the drop of pepto!

HRT4SQRLS
04-12-2020, 07:53 PM
You mentioned taking him outside. Does he have disabilities? What else does he eat? You mention giving him the banana regularly to keep the bowels regular. That makes me think he has other issues.

Sullys mom
04-12-2020, 08:37 PM
You mentioned taking him outside. Does he have disabilities? What else does he eat? You mention giving him the banana regularly to keep the bowels regular. That makes me think he has other issues.

No disabilities, I take him outside and let him run and play in the grass and get exercise. I feed him the Henry’s pets healthy blocks , blueberries , Brussels sprouts, pine needles sweet potato vine. Things that are on the nutrition guide off Hernrys website . He still will not eat not even a pecan. I’m extremely worried he’s getting week . I’ve tried the pumpkin in a syringe he does not like it . But I have noticed his testicles are ascended in his stomach ( not down in his sack ) but there like that sometimes so I don’t know . What should I do ?

HRT4SQRLS
04-12-2020, 09:40 PM
Is the diarrhea continuing?

Your diet sounds fine. Could he have eaten something outside? I can’t imagine a banana causing this.

Sullys mom
04-12-2020, 10:01 PM
Is the diarrhea continuing?

Your diet sounds fine. Could he have eaten something outside? I can’t imagine a banana causing this.

It’s better, not water but Very runny. Should I give him more pepto?
He could have eaten a dead June bug on the patio , I try not to let him but sometimes he finds one and gets under the patio furniture and eats it. I’m starting to worry he hurt is testies jumping and climbing around when he was playing, but that wouldn’t cause the diarrhea.

stepnstone
04-13-2020, 12:03 AM
But I have noticed his testicles are ascended in his stomach ( not down in his sack ) but there like that sometimes so I don’t know .

This is perfectly normal, it is instinctive. Squirrels will draw them up into a 'cavity"
when not in use, even the scrotum can diminish in size. They instinctively drop during
mating seasons, testosterone surges, etc. even when they are secluded from females.