PDA

View Full Version : Can you bathe them?

Melissa2169
08-27-2007, 09:04 PM
I was wondering If I could bathe the babies.:dono Thier eyes just opened so I am guessing they are a month old . Or how long I should wait. I have been changing thier bedding every other day and I have been wiping them down. But, THEY'RE STINKYY!! LOL... . I just changed thier bedding tonight and was wondering how do I get them smelling good?

thundersquirrel
08-27-2007, 09:08 PM
hmm....well, keep in mind that squirrels, as most animals, have a natural smell to them, though it shouldn't smell terribly foul unless they're pooping or something.

if you've already been wiping them down (with water, i assume?) then there's not much left you can do. i don't think soap and squirrels are a good idea- the only baby i've ever had to wash with more than just water had a hole in her abdomen that became a second anus for a while.

you could try pouring warm water on them to get them more wet than usual, but they might not appreciate it. what do they smell like, exactly?

Melissa2169
08-27-2007, 10:29 PM
I have been putting them in a seperate area to use the potty, but they are still soiling there bedding and then laying in it! So, in turn they smell like urine! Its pretty nasty smelling. Yes, I have only been using water and a rag to wipe them down, but they still smell. As far as the laundry I didn't know I had to wash it with anything special, but I have been using the baby soap dreft. So, is it okay to wash them with baby bath as long as I do it quickly and warmly?

hazel
08-27-2007, 11:54 PM
Are you stimulating them to go potty after you feed them? You should be.:poke

Unless their bedding is dry, it should be changed every time you feed them. Every other day is definately not often enough.

Use all natural baby wipes if the babies need a thorough cleaning. Be sure to dry them completely after using anything wet.

I use a laundry detergent without perfume, no fabric softener (it makes fabrics less absorbent) and adding an ''OxyClean'' type powder in the wash is a great deoderizer. I rinse twice. :D

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
08-28-2007, 06:52 AM
The only problem that could arise would be getting water in their ears.
That wouldnt be good, try changing their bedding more often, look around at yard sales for recieving blankets or flanel.
:thumbsup Your doing a fantastic job!:wahoo :wott
Very shortly when they can potty on their own, get a box lined with paper as each one is fed put them into the potty box after they potty then back in their bed...it will help to keep the bedding cleaner.