PDA

View Full Version : Heater use

Flavy
10-12-2019, 05:06 PM
Hi when is a good time to stop using a heater for babies? Mine are 5 wks now and seem to be pretty good at keeping up their body temp.

Thank you

JLM27
10-13-2019, 10:00 PM
Bump.

RockyPops
10-13-2019, 10:04 PM
I'm not positive but 5 weeks is still very young.

Do you have a heating pad where they can scoot off of heat if they need to or onto heat for that matter?

Are their eyes open yet?

Pics?

Flavy
10-13-2019, 10:16 PM
I'm not positive but 5 weeks is still very young.

Do you have a heating pad where they can scoot off of heat if they need to or onto heat for that matter?

Are their eyes open yet?

Pics?

Hi, yes and yes, open.

HRT4SQRLS
10-13-2019, 10:35 PM
We leave the heating pad under the bin until they stop wanting it. They will move to the cool side of the bin. I have even put a heating pad under their first baby cage but usually by that time (around 7 weeks) they will move into a hanging cube so the heating pad is no longer needed.

As long as they are in the bin, I use the heating pad. Your babies still need the heating pad. They might not necessarily ‘need’ it but if they want the warmth... they get it. :)

Flavy
10-13-2019, 10:42 PM
We leave the heating pad under the bin until they stop wanting it. They will move to the cool side of the bin. I have even put a heating pad under their first baby cage but usually by that time (around 7 weeks) they will move into a hanging cube so the heating pad is no longer needed.

As long as they are in the bin, I use the heating pad. Your babies still need the heating pad. They might not necessarily ‘need’ it but if they want the warmth... they get it. :)

Ok thanks!!

RockyPops
10-13-2019, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the pictures. Those are some sweet babies!