PDA

View Full Version : Is Cephalex a good antibiotic for squirrels?

Alaska
09-01-2019, 02:10 AM
My 9.4 gram newborn squirrel started aspirating today. He was being fed and got a little in his nose. He’s been clicking for about half an hour now. The only antibiotic I have is Cephalex which online says treats phnemonia but I don’t know if it works on animals. I’ve seen posts that say Cipro is the best and I can go to the doctors and get some tomorrow but I’m just wondering if Cephalex is the same or similar. If so how much would I give him and how? They’re 250 mg each pill. Thanks in advance.

stepnstone
09-01-2019, 02:31 AM
My 9.4 gram newborn squirrel started aspirating today. He was being fed and got a little in his nose. He’s been clicking for about half an hour now. The only antibiotic I have is Cephalex which online says treats phnemonia but I don’t know if it works on animals. I’ve seen posts that say Cipro is the best and I can go to the doctors and get some tomorrow but I’m just wondering if Cephalex is the same or similar. If so how much would I give him and how? They’re 250 mg each pill. Thanks in advance.

Cipro would be best, will send dosing in a private message for the Cephalexin.