PDA

View Full Version : Baby won't Poop

gams
08-21-2007, 04:50 PM
It's Gamms again. My baby ate 4cc of pedialite. He still has not pooped. He went after it much better than the formula. What is my next step? Should I give him a little olive or vegetable oil?

Also, how do I find my old questions and the answers on here?

gams
08-21-2007, 04:51 PM
opps that's me.

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
08-21-2007, 04:56 PM
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6263
Your right here.
I think your are gonna have to give it a little bit of time after he is on Esbilac.
More than just a few hours.

Mars
08-21-2007, 04:56 PM
If you have forgotten where you posted you go to members list and then to your bio. Under your name you will find two options. One is all threads started by you and the other is all posts made by you. :D

gams
08-21-2007, 05:39 PM
:thankyou Thank you so much. I am alternating the pedialite and esbilac like you said. He is already TeeTeeing more. What about the olive oil or vegetable oil if he doesn't go soon? Hope I'm not too much of a pain.:Love_Icon

susanw
08-21-2007, 05:43 PM
I wouldn't suggest giving him any kind of oils to digest.

island rehabber
08-21-2007, 07:44 PM
gams, I'm dropping in late in the game here but, from what I can tell, your babies are quite underfed for their ages. 3-4wk old squirrels should be getting between 6-12ccs per feeding, 5 times per day. Mine take even more. Because he didn't have enough in his system, he has nothing to poop. Gradually increase the Esbilac and you will see his system return to normal, I think. But you can't do it all at once....the key is gradually, OK? And I wouldn't give him oil, either....just my two cents.