PDA

View Full Version : questions about growing up...

Trublondie96
08-21-2007, 02:05 PM
ok so Garth has changed so much in the last week. he is about 8 1/2 weeks and my questions are

1. He made a high screech in the mornings and in afternoon he did it on and off. This was only for a couple of days whats that what they call a bark?

2.Garth only likes about 9cc.s in the morning and thats it. He has started to wean his self. He now drinks water out of a bowl and eats peanuts, kale, broccli, and banana chips all day long. I am going to introduce more foods but how do I know if he is eating enough food?

I here are some pics of Garth now.

Thanks alot
:dono

rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
08-21-2007, 02:21 PM
WHat an adorable little fellow! The screeching is normal, he just probably didnt like something!!:dono
As far as diet I would get rid of the peanuts!! When or before he has totally weaned himself he will need to get moved outside for some sunlight everyday to prevent MBD, or he will need a full spectrum light.
Back to the diet you could also try some unsalted pumpkin seeds, califlower, small pieces of corn on the cob...the green veggies are great for him! :thumbsup He could have some cherries, strawberries a slice of apple. The more veggies the better. He could have a wallnut or pecan everyday.
If you can find them (wallnuts)get some still in the shell so he can work his teeth on them.
What does he have to chew on?

Trublondie96
08-21-2007, 02:30 PM
He has a bunch of chew toys that he loves.
I am going to get him a light this weekend. He didnt like the apple i gave him, but i will try your others. thanks alot

TexanSquirrel
08-21-2007, 03:03 PM
He's precious!

thundersquirrel
08-21-2007, 04:31 PM
quick note about the screeching- the first time i heard this, i freaked out and ran to the baby. it turns out he'd climbed up the cage for the first time and didn't know how to get down! i helped him down, but it was just fear, not a major problem.

Trublondie96
08-21-2007, 07:28 PM
What great ideas. Thanks alot everyone!
:thankyou :jump :thankyou