PDA

View Full Version : Baby Wash

Adalisk
08-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Hey all, I just have a few questions - Which is a given, I suppose, Since I'm here and all =P lol

So, I'm completely new to this, So far, I've kept them alive for Six Days, And they actually seem to be rather healthy now, which surprised me, to be honest. They weren't in great shape when I first laid eyes upon them, and I was rather worried there for a while...It's amazing what a little body heat and a bit of TLC will get ya - That, and I know they must be little troopers =P
Anyway, I was just wondering, my Babies are about 3 - 4 weeks old, their eye's are still shut and they're moving around/climbing rather frequently now (As wobbly as it may be) Lately they seem to be getting a bit of Dry/matted fur, on small parts of them, So I was just wondering, what would be the best way to go about fixing this? The Q-tip method, perhaps? or a small washcloth?
All and any tips are welcome! Thank you for your time, be well and take care.

thundersquirrel
08-19-2007, 12:38 AM
hmm....i don't see a problem with washing them, but if the problem persists afterwards, you may need to consider a skin problem, maybe mange or a fungus. but we'll start with a bath. :)

if i were you....i would try using just warm water at first, no soap. i would hold the baby in a warm towel (firm but gentle, of course) and pour the water in a small stream along their back. once they're wet enough, you can use the towel they're in to kind of rub them, and dry them off a little. make sure they're really dry or they have a very warm snuggle place afterwards, because a wet baby most often turns into a cold baby.

i'd avoid their faces, but if their faces are really dirty, dip a paper towel in the warm water and gently rub their cheeks.

be prepared for them to not like it, but i think a lot of that is based on them feeling safely in place in your hands.

if water alone doesn't work, i'm not sure what soap would be safe for them. certainly not anti-bacterial, that much i know.

let us know how it goes!

Adalisk
08-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Ah,
I thank you greatly, that was a big help. Triscuit is clean as ever =P I believe it was just dry or crusty milk, which is odd, because I thought I got all of it after feeding them o.o

thundersquirrel
08-19-2007, 11:50 AM
good to know! :thumbsup

Pam's Squirt
08-19-2007, 12:18 PM
I currently have 8 babies that in age from 3 to 5 weeks old. At this age, I use baby wipes to clean them after they eat because, well, they get very excited at meal times and usually get it all over themselves :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl , and me included! It's also good to use on their lower belly and genitals after the poop and tee-tee party to help prevent "diaper rash". However, I have to use the sink as they get older because they get even messier (it's been known to even get on the walls! LOL), and a dinky little baby wipe just won't do!!! :shakehead :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Enjoy your babies! :Love_Icon

Adalisk
08-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Used a baby wipe on Jack, it seemed to work rather well, thank you very much ^.^ That was a superb Idea. And Lmao, the walls, seriously? That's amazing...

And thank you, I shall enjoy them ^.^ They're such a Joy to have, And seeing Jack open his eyes and blink now, it's just so adorable, I melt a little, every time he blinks at me. Geez, these little thing's make me seem much less masculine, hahaha XD
Take it easy and be well, my friend.