PDA

View Full Version : Florida bottle baby foster

Sherlock
01-26-2019, 12:02 AM
Hi! I live in Melbourne FL and foster orphan kittens that need to be bottlefed. I have about three years of experience, and have worked with many babies so tiny their eyes aren’t even open yet. I want to branch out into wildlife/offer my services as a bottle feeder. Is there anyone out there who’s interested in some help?

stepnstone
01-26-2019, 12:36 AM
Hi! I live in Melbourne FL and foster orphan kittens that need to be bottlefed. I have about three years of experience, and have worked with many babies so tiny their eyes aren’t even open yet. I want to branch out into wildlife/offer my services as a bottle feeder. Is there anyone out there who’s interested in some help?
Good for you to be fostering these orphan kittens, branching out into wildlife for bottle feeding would definitely depend on the type of wildlife. Squirrels for example should never be fed with a bottle, size of bottle does not matter. Bottle feeding a squirrel would put them at the risk of aspiration pneumonia, one can not control the flow from a bottle. A squirrel is nursed/fed by using a (needle less) syringe w/nipple starting with a 1cc and graduating to a 3cc as they get older. Experienced rehabilatators can even manage a larger cc when older but it does and should require experience to reach that stage.