PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel Dad

SquirrelDad
11-04-2018, 12:49 PM
Hey y'all, I forgot to introduce myself since I joined when I was having problems. Wish I'd found this board sooner, but hey I'm here now!

I raised and released one baby a few years ago and now people in my area know me as the squirrel guy and bring them to me sometimes. I also get to hear all the horror stories of people who don't do enough for the babies and let them die... That's great :tap

Anyway, I currently am raising two beautiful babies Rhea, who I got as a healthy pinky and fell in love with and Ren who came later at around 4 weeks who was extremely cold and very dehydrated, but is thriving now.

I don't always know what's best for them, but I want to do whatever I can for my little ones. I'm grateful to be here and to have received so much help already! Thank you !

cava
11-04-2018, 12:54 PM
Welcome, stick around and read, read, read. Lots to learn but if you follow basic guidelines you can be successful and help them have fulfilled happy lives until release.

CritterMom
11-04-2018, 01:26 PM
And ask questions if you have them.

It is a good idea to continue posting in your baby's thread. If you write about what is happening and put up pictures, it is not only fun; you have some very experienced people reading what you write who may just say "Hey - no, don't give him nuts to wean - he needs blocks now and only blocks until he is eating them well" and voila, MBD is completely avoided. The folks here have caught quite a few things from reading and looking at pics that could have been really bad if it wasn't taken care of early... And we are free!

SquirrelDad
11-04-2018, 02:24 PM
And ask questions if you have them.

It is a good idea to continue posting in your baby's thread. If you write about what is happening and put up pictures, it is not only fun; you have some very experienced people reading what you write who may just say "Hey - no, don't give him nuts to wean - he needs blocks now and only blocks until he is eating them well" and voila, MBD is completely avoided. The folks here have caught quite a few things from reading and looking at pics that could have been really bad if it wasn't taken care of early... And we are free!

Of course I'll keep posting updates and photos as I can get them. Most of my pics are blurry shots of their bellies as they jump onto me lol.

I don't and probably can't have any human kids, so these squirrels are really like my children. Even if they are thankless wild animals who will one day leave me, that's not much different is it? :grin2