PDA

View Full Version : The pumpkin bribe

Loudhouse2
11-02-2018, 07:49 AM
I’m trying to bribe the wilds back to my yard. I didn’t realize till after Lincoln was gone that he must have been very territorial. There has not been a squirrel anywhere near my property in weeks. I had a few small uncarved pumpkins from Halloween so I cut one up into small chunks and laced every tree I could reach.

The bright spots of orange are really eye catching. I caught my neighbor out squinting at the trees with his head cocked. :gigg

Hopefully the pumpkin will bribe the wilds back. I miss watching them and also have 2 full bags of Henry’s in the freezer I don’t want to go to waste.

TubeDriver
11-02-2018, 08:23 AM
Your Lincoln was a tough little guy. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Don't worry, all the wilds will soon be back. You can also place some uncut, whole pumpkins in your backyard and the aquirrels will find them too! I like your idea of pkacing pieces in the trees, might prevent raccoons from getting interested.

I’m trying to bribe the wilds back to my yard. I didn’t realize till after Lincoln was gone that he must have been very territorial. There has not been a squirrel anywhere near my property in weeks. I had a few small uncarved pumpkins from Halloween so I cut one up into small chunks and laced every tree I could reach.

The bright spots of orange are really eye catching. I caught my neighbor out squinting at the trees with his head cocked. :gigg

Hopefully the pumpkin will bribe the wilds back. I miss watching them and also have 2 full bags of Henry’s in the freezer I don’t want to go to waste.

Loudhouse2
11-02-2018, 08:29 AM
He was feisty.

I figured small pieces spread through out 20 trees in the branches would keep the squirrels safe from ground predators and also cut back on the fighting and possible injuries if it was all in one spot.

Diggie's Friend
11-02-2018, 05:26 PM
I placing the Pumpkin bribes out, be sure to include a few of the seeds to sweeten the pot as it were.

Loudhouse2
11-02-2018, 05:28 PM
I left the seeds intact. Just washed the outside of it and cut it into small pieces. Wedged them in the branches.