PDA

View Full Version : ticks

hazel
08-10-2007, 03:14 AM
Yup, tics and flees.....they're a problem alright!

In this neck of the woods, ticks don't seem to bother squirrels. Generally we see them most often on raccoons. The record for ticks on one animal at our hospital goes to a mink - he was unbelieveably infested. I myself was at a pug party this spring (you read right) and I absentmindedly touched the crown of my head (no, I wasn't actually wearing one, but my pug was wearing pearls and an adorable little Chanel number). Anyway, I felt a bump and a crusty spot and I knew immediately that I had an unwelcome hitchiker. I'll spare you the details except to say that a good time was had by all, except the tic - I mean tick.

If you ever do find a tick attached to one of your squirrelys, grasp it with tweezers as close to the squirrel as possible and pull using firm, steady pressure. It takes a bit for the tic(k) to let go. If it makes you feel better, you can put a bit of antibiotic ointment on the spot.

What have we learned here? The next pug party is 9/15 and I'm gonna check my bad self for bugs before I go!

ok, OK! I know you're dying to know. For Amazing Grace, my pug, it's going to be either a black pleather biker dress OR her ''sack vick" tee, but only if we can find her a cheerleader skirt to go with it in time for the next party.:thumbsup

Squerly
08-10-2007, 06:15 AM
Pugs have party's?

island rehabber
08-10-2007, 06:34 AM
Oh yeah, they do.....a pug-loving friend of mine went to one with 30 pugs and major cool prizes.

Guess they had a German Shepherd outside controlling the traffic.....:shakehead

hazel
08-10-2007, 03:56 PM
pugparty.com

Our record, so far, is 800 pugs and 2000 people. Really!! In one big bar.
Anyone can go, so if you're near Chicago, check it out! The event is, however, POP. (pugs only, please)

It's almost more fun than I can handle!:wahoo

Squerly
08-10-2007, 04:02 PM
I got a kick out of this guy....

Pam
08-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Pugs are so cool! :) They look like they are smiling all the time.