PDA

View Full Version : Losing weight

TamiKakes
09-10-2018, 07:03 AM
Lil Ashlie seems to be losing 2g weight a day. She is getting 7cc's of puppy esbilac every 4 hours. She has a great appetite. She just opened her eyes yesterday. I'm getting worried.

Javarat
09-10-2018, 07:08 AM
How much does she weigh?
When and how much was her largest weight?
Is she pooping constant solid yellow and peeing?
Does she appear lethargic (not excited when eating). Normally they shake and wave their arms around.
You might try adding a touch of vanilla yogurt to formula if you do not have Fox Valley yet.
Based on the image she should be taking around 10 to 12 ml per day.

TamiKakes
09-10-2018, 07:13 AM
I just got the scale the other day since the one I had broke. She was 141g on Saturday. 138g yesterday and 136g this morning. She does shell a lot but when I take her out for feedings she loves to crawl all over me.
She wasn't pooping from what I was seeing, did a few warm water bottom dunks and massaging her tummy, finally got a poo out.

TamiKakes
09-10-2018, 07:14 AM
Sleep...not shell

Javarat
09-10-2018, 07:58 AM
Please post a good picture of her tummy so we can see the size and coloration.
Does it feel like a water balloon, or harder?
Is there any red along the bottom or sides of the tummy?

If you pinch the skin on her neck, how fast does the skin spread back out?

This was the squirrel that was sneezing? You did not mention a weight loss.
How long have you had her that she has not pooped?

TamiKakes
09-10-2018, 08:00 AM
No this isnt the one that was sneezing. She was pooping fine and then for a couple days she didnt poop and after a few belly rubs that was the poop I got from her.

Javarat
09-10-2018, 08:54 AM
I need a better idea of what you mean by> "then for a couple days she didnt poop".
How many hours are we talking about?
Have you given her any Mylicon?
Are you doing the 3 am feedings?

Javarat
09-10-2018, 09:09 AM
Okay.. I reread your other threads about her feeding schedule.
She is in transition right now, so you may get some odd weight readings.
It sounds like she has not pooped in about 36-48 hours.. and just did. Which is about right.
There should be a lot more poop showing up soon.

On the scale issue.. I have several times had readings that showed my squirrels losing weight, when they were not.
You mentioned that your old scale broke.. You said in another thread that she weighed 137 yesterday at 2pm.. 136 today.
This is not a BIG difference.. it could simply be that she was moving a little yesterday, is is moving less today.

Make sure scale is on a flat hard surface.. a soft surface like a bed or couch or chair will give you a false reading.
I would not trust any of the readings from your old scale.

Continue three hour feedings, and give her a little extra water between feedings.
Continue tummy massages, and long stimulations after feeding and water.

Hopefully she will unload all of that poop we have been waiting for, and start gaining a lot of weight again.

TamiKakes
09-10-2018, 09:25 AM
Thank you. I wasn't sure if the -2g loss is something to be worried about.
I will keep you updated!

Spanky
09-10-2018, 10:29 AM
The other thing is to make sure you are weighing "consistently". By that I mean at a similar time each day under similar circumstances. Weighing one day before feeding and the next day after feeding will throw things off.

My routine is to weigh prior to the second feeding of the morning (so mid-morning).

redwuff
09-10-2018, 12:33 PM
Is she eating with vigor. A healthy squirrel this age should be ravenous at feeding time. How many times a day are you feeding?

redwuff
09-10-2018, 12:39 PM
I have to say that I would not like this wt loss. It sounds like you are switching over to Fox Valley 20/50. That is good. Once she gets stable on that, you can start adding ultra boost to her formula. I would start feeding her at 6% of her bodyweight. It looks like you have been at 5%.

Spanky
09-10-2018, 11:04 PM
Is she eating with vigor. A healthy squirrel this age should be ravenous at feeding time. How many times a day are you feeding?

Is her appetite good?

How many times a day are you feeding her?

TamiKakes
09-10-2018, 11:11 PM
Is her appetite good?

How many times a day are you feeding her?

Her appetite is very good. Shes very vigorous and trys to suck the whole thing down right away. She eats 8-10ccs every 4-5 hours.