PDA

View Full Version : Top teeth knocked out

ab3286
05-09-2018, 08:31 AM
I released Billy a year ago. He came home with a bloody face and missing his top teeth. I guess he was hit by a car. His injuries healed but it’s been 3 weeks and it looks like the teeth aren’ growing back. I trimmed his bottom ones. I started off by giving him baby foods and recently add harder foods hoping to slow the growth of the bottom teeth. I am not totally sure if I am doing this correctly. Are his top teeth gone for good? Can I release him back out into the wild? He hates being locked up.

stepnstone
05-09-2018, 10:06 AM
I released Billy a year ago. He came home with a bloody face and missing his top teeth. I guess he was hit by a car. His injuries healed but it’s been 3 weeks and it looks like the teeth aren’ growing back. I trimmed his bottom ones. I started off by giving him baby foods and recently add harder foods hoping to slow the growth of the bottom teeth. I am not totally sure if I am doing this correctly. Are his top teeth gone for good? Can I release him back out into the wild? He hates being locked up.
He can not be released without his top incisors, his bottoms will continue to grow, puncture his sinus and grow into his skull.
It would be a sure death of suffering.
If they are to grow back which depends on how they were knocked out and how much damage was done, he would still need to be
held for observance to see if they align properly. If they do not he would still be non- releasable.

ab3286
05-09-2018, 10:29 AM
He can not be released without his top incisors, his bottoms will continue to grow, puncture his sinus and grow into his skull.
It would be a sure death of suffering.
If they are to grow back which depends on how they were knocked out and how much damage was done, he would still need to be
held for observance to see if they align properly. If they do not he would still be non- releasable.

Darn that’s what I figured. I needed to hear it. It’s three weeks and still no growth in his top teeth. He has been the alpha Squirrel in the yard for awhile. He hates being caged.

Jen413
05-09-2018, 10:56 AM
It is still possible they could grow back. Took my little guy's about two months or so before it grew back. But like Step said, you'll have to still wait and make sure they align and he can grind them down on his own. Just wanted to let you know that it's possible that they could still come back.

ab3286
05-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Thanks for all your help. I will keep Billy for awhile and keep checking his teeth. He hates the cage but he has two females that have always followed him around the yard that comes to visit him everyday. So he is not alone.