PDA

View Full Version : wild squirrel hurt

little susie
04-09-2018, 12:22 PM
Hello everybody! There is a squirrel that comes to the house daily.Yesterday she came by with a hurt paw.I also give her nibbles and she gladly took it.Today her paw looks worse and I think she's in alot pain.I just wanna give her something.Can I crush up motrin or aspirin?Thank you

SophieSquirrel
04-09-2018, 01:18 PM
Hello everybody! There is a squirrel that comes to the house daily.Yesterday she came by with a hurt paw.I also give her nibbles and she gladly took it.Today her paw looks worse and I think she's in alot pain.I just wanna give her something.Can I crush up motrin or aspirin?Thank you

Can you get a photo and post? Is it a cut, infection or does it look like a joint injury? Any pain med will only wear off. If it's swelling from a joint or crush injury (without a break) a prescribed med like Metacam (Meloxicam) would help.

little susie
04-09-2018, 01:32 PM
How do I post photos? I'm such a dork!I think it might be a crush injury.Where do I get metacam? Thank you

Mel1959
04-09-2018, 01:49 PM
Ask around to family and friends to see if they have any metacam (meloxicam, Mobic). We would have to have a picture to be able to guess the weight in order to dose anything you might find.

To post a picture: scroll down under the box your typing in and there is a small box that says “manage attachments. Click it and it will give you choices of where to pull the file from. Click on the file and find the picture then click on the small “upload” button and it will upload the photo to your post. You can check it by clicking on the preview post button. Your picture should pop up in your post, then click “submit reply”.

SophieSquirrel
04-09-2018, 01:50 PM
Save the photo to your computer, click reply to thread and write your reply. Then click on the little square scene (with the tree) icon to the lower right of the smiley icon, click browse, select from computer, click on the photo and then click upload. It takes a few minutes to load. I'm not sure how to do it from a smartphone.

I will PM you regarding getting some in OH, but first post a photo so we can see what we are dealing with.

Edit: Mel beat me to it while I was typing - LOL :grin2

little susie
04-10-2018, 10:58 AM
I have not seen him yet today.I hope soon.Figures now he doesn't come:tap